Saturday, July 3, 2010

Blood Angels: 1000 Point Assault Force

Six-Deucer and I have agreed to square off in two weeks for our first 40K battle. We agreed to a reduced point total of 1,000 points, in order to acclimate ourselves to the flow of the game.
Six will be commanding his Kriegs' Imperial Guard, while I composed a Blood Angels mechanized assault list led by a Librarian who will utilize Shield of Sanguinis and Blood Lance as his two psychic powers of choice. I may swap out Lance with Sword of Sanguinius to get a feel for the difference(s).  If I'm going to have my Libby wading into the thick of it fast, I may want to try that strength 10 weapon.  Both of my priests will equip hand flamer(s) to deal with mobs of infantry. I equiped the odd assault sargeant with his own hand flamer for the same effect. I equiped all three of my transports and my Baal Pred with H-K missiles, in the hopes that this will give me plenty of punch to pop Six's pinatas'. My flamer units will then have the opportunity to make smores out of the surprise(s) hiding inside!

100 Librarian (1); HQ

160 Sanguinary Priests (2), Hand Flamer(s) (2), Power Weapons (2), Melta Bombs (2); E

150 Assault Squad (1), 5 Marines, Melta-Gun (1), Sgt w/Hand Flamer (1), Power Fist (1), Melta Bomb (1); T
135 Assault Squad (1), 5 Marines, Melta-Gun (1), Sgt w/Power Fist (1); T
135 Assault Squad (1), 5 Marines, Melta-Gun (1), Sgt w/Power Fist (1); T

(105) Removal of Jump Packs (3)

100 Razorback (1), Twin-Linked Assault Cannon (TLAC), Hunter-Killer Missile (1); Transport
100 Razorback (1), Twin-Linked Assault Cannon (TLAC), Hunter-Killer Missile (1);  Transport
100 Razorback (1), Twin-Linked Assault Cannon (TLAC), Hunter-Killer Missile (1); Transport

125 Baal Predator (1), Hunter-Killer Missile (1); FA
My Sanguinary Guard and Death Company bits just arrived by USPS that I will use to make over my existing assault marines. I found my favorite Space Marine Librarian model on Ebay for a reasonable price: The figure is OOP and proved difficult to find without shelling out an arm and a leg. I’m going to paint his force weapon red to imitate “Sword of Sanguinius”. He’ll be issued some Blood Angel specific iconography as well. I have one model (second row, right side) that I'm may modify into a Sanguinary Priest.  I’m going to construct my Razorbacks and magnetize turrets and doors for future variation(s). Earlier this year I purchased a number of Land Raider Crusader/Redeemer upgrade sprues for the TLAC bits. Likewise, I will need to put together a Predator to complete this list. I’ll post WIPs over the next two weeks and document my progress. As I get closer to my first game, I may tweak this list further.

Librarian, Two Sanguinary Priests (1 mod), and three Sgts.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails