Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Forge World Boarding Marine

Forge World's Boarding Marine in MK III armor.

My Forge World (FW) Boarding Marine arrived in the mail today, and I have to say it looks amazing. Forge World sculpts never cease to impress me.
The minute I saw the model, I wanted him to lead my jump pack Honor Guard armed with Storm Shields. This fellow, armed with a hammer will be accompanied by three marines armed with shield and lightning claw.

I would really like to suit the rest of the unit in MK III armor. Unfortunately, Forge World's Pre-Heresy assault marines are only available in MK II and MK V armor. There is an MK III combat squad, however, I would have to modify them into an assault based army. I really want to incorporate the retro chainsword and the old school jump packs. Perhaps I'll wait for an MK III assault squad release (anyone know if this is a possibility?).  The MK II armor is cool, but I really prefer MK III's visor, chest and leg armor.
In any case, I hope that FW surprises me and releases an MK III assault squad that will compliment perfectly this fellow.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails