|Real marines deep strike with their helmets' OFF.|
So a couple of cool things happened over the last three days: I won a 40K game for the first time, and I was chosen to test Battlefield 3 Alpha and let me tell you even in it's current state BF3 is bad ass.
Following is the list I faced off against Six-Deucer:
Following, my 2000 Point Blood Angels List:
- HQ Mephiston
- (1) Elite Furioso Dreadnought with Blood Talons
- (2) Elite Sanguinary Priest with Lightning Claw
- (2) Troops Assault Squad 9 marines; melta gun x2, Sgt. with Power Fist
- (3) Assault Squad 4 marines; melta gun x1, Sgt. with Infernus Pistol and Power Weapon, Razorback with Twin-Linked (TL) Heavy Flamer
- (1) Land Speeder with Multi-Melta
- (2) Predator Tanks with Autocannon, Las-Cannon sponsons
- (1) Storm Raven with Multi-Melta, Extra Armor
Gonewild: 1 objective
Six-Deucer: 0 objective
- Ohhh ho, ho, ho. I was painfully reminded that Hydras' are designed to take down fliers with extreme prejudice! Fortunately, Mephiston and my Furioso only experienced a bruise ego as a result of my Storm Raven exploding in a hail of flames!
- Six used allies effectively, locking down Mephiston's psyker powers roughly 45% of the game. The big one? Denying Meph unleash rage against his Straken unit.
- Tank shock AWAY from meltas' and power fists. Expect 'Death or Glory' to succeed at your most inopportune time(s).
- I may drop one of the three Razorback(s) for a second Land Speeder equipped with a Multi-Melta. The Land Speeders are wonderful agro-magnets and excel at flanking armor for side and rear armor shots. I would retain my five man assault squad, giving them jump packs and equipping the Sergeant with an Infernus Pistol and Melta-Bomb. That would make this unit well suited to suicide armor, or support my two 10-man assault squads.
- My priests with their amazing weapon skill of five are just too tempting to leave in a Razorback in order to confer a wider chalice aura. I'm still on the fence about stripping each Marine of their lightning claw, so for now I'll leave those as-is.
- I really enjoyed the long-ranged support of my two Predators. Someone suggested trading the autocannon and las-cannon sponsons for a twin-linked las-cannon turret. This would effectively increase the mobility of each Predator at the expense of firepower.