Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Thursday Throw Down Pregame

Wasaaaa,
Tomorrow, Thursday the 14th Six-Deucer and I are going to battle in as many 1250 point games as we can squeeze into our allotted time- His Imperial Guard against my Blood Angels. In between burping baby, and changing diapers I have continued to assemble the forces I will need to satisfy my list(s) I've created for this engagement. Pictures will be forthcoming (when my camera's batteries are finished charging).

I'm going to post one of the primary list(s) I plan to field against Six, removing any element of surprise for that particular list because he will probably read this, heh. Instead of point value for each entry, a percentile will appear. This number represents the finished, or assembled state of that particular unit (note, this excludes painting!) This list has been verified using Army Builder 3. Criticism is most welcome:

1250 point BA list:
  • HQ (100%) Librarian: Power Armor, Sanguine Sword, and Blood Lance
  • Elite (98%) Two Sanguinary Priest(s): 2 Power Swords, 2 Combi-Meltas',
  • Troops (98%) Assault Squad (10 Man): 2 Melta Guns', Power Fist and Melta Bomb (Sgt.), Razorback Transport with Lascannon and TL Plasma Gun, H/K Missile
  • Troops (98%) Assault Squad (5 Man): 1 Melta Gun, Power Fist and Melta Bomb (Sgt.), Razorback Transport with Lascannon and TL Plasma Gun, H/K Missile
  • Fast Attack (99%) Land Speeder: 2 Multi Meltas'
  • Heavy (15%) Predator Tank: TL Lascannon, Lascannon Sponsons', H/K Missile
  • Heavy (97%) Storm Raven: TL Multi-Melta, TL Lascannon, Extra Armor

I will combat squad my 10-man assault squad into two units; one unit to be transported in a Razorback, the second will travel in the Storm Raven. One priest will ride in a Razor, the second will ride in the Storm Raven (with my Libby). My Landspeeder(s) really give Six something to think about when moving his two Vendettas' around the table and will compliment my Predator tank. My intention was to create a list front-loaded with enough firepower to neutralize his armor host, however, it does lack anti-infantry capability.
Criticism welcome!
"edit: Perhaps I should swap out the combi-meltas with two hand-flamers' for two of my three Sergeants?"

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails