Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Happy Independence Day!


I want to wish everyone a happy, and safe, 4th of July. I'm reading through my 6th edition rulebook and taking notes on aspects that I think will change the way I play my Blood Angels. When I'm satisfied, I'll post my notes to share with readers.


I am very happy with the new rules thus far. There is enough consistency for competitive play, yet GW has made it the 6th Edition mission statement to 'build a narrative'. I like it.

I was very resistant to flyers due to the size of the game (6ft x 4ft) board. Initial impression is that flyers have been treated in such a way that I don't think will break my immersion. I've got a kitbashed Storm Raven, and an actual GW kit to experiment with. I did notice that the SR cannot fire all of its missiles in one turn (heh, bummer). I usually whiffed more than 50% anyways (in the handful of times that I wasn't using my Storm Raven as a slingshot delivery system for nasty assault units). 

Games at 2K or more allow the inclusion of allies, a second FOC, and purchased scenery. I almost purchased the Imperial Strongpoint for 90 bucks before the price hike went live. I probably should have, as now the set is at a hefty 136 bucks. I want to experiment with scenery, as it is one sure way to obtain anti-air for relatively cheap.

I'll be working this Holiday, enjoying my 6th Ed. book, and lighting off explosives in celebration of this Country's Independence.

Have fun, and be safe!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails