Tuesday, October 30, 2012

My Favorite 40K Podcast(s)


Whether I'm driving my car, running two miles, or working, there are a handful of podcasts devoted to 40K that I enjoy listening to on a consistent basis. Over the course of 2012, I have not had the free time to devote to 40K, but these podcast(s) help keep me hooked in to the Hobby and the Community. My hope is that if there are readers that have not had the opportunity to enjoy these production(s), that you give them a try and let me know what you think!


In no particular order:

The 11th Company Podcast:
Neil, Pat, and the gang put on a very good show released on a weekly basis. Neil and Pat have a good amount of guests and guest host(s) that participate in discussing everything competitive 40K and the Wargaming Community. One of these fellows, Allan, is my personal favorite. He has some great "Allanisms" that have actually made me laugh out loud! Pat and Neil have created a slick podcast, breaking it up into specific segments covering the hobby, the meta, and interviewing community members. One of my favorite 11th Company segment(s) is Eric's Terrain supplement. That guy is really imaginative, and offers great ideas and suggestions building 40K terrain. What I really like about the 11th Company is that they provide insight into the Nova Open and East Coast meta- sometimes a very interesting divergence for 'West Coasters'. The 11th Company is a 'must listen' for me, offering a lot of great content and commentary about the game, 40K. The 11th Company Podcast is not an explicit show. Check it out- you won't be disappointed.

The Independent Characters:
When I first started playing 40K, Carl and Geoff were two of my favorite Representatives of the 40K Community. Carl and Geoff have worked hard to create a welcoming vibe in their show. It is important for new players to have a positive form of entertainment focused on the 40K hobby that doesn't involve a lot of chest pounding and nut cupping. The Independent Characters is a biweekly podcast that focuses on the hobby, the community, and entertaining listeners. The IC podcast also features book and product review(s), coverage of local events on the West Coast (namely Cali), and great ideas for 40K campaigns. I really enjoy the IC Podcast because of Carl and Geoff. Their approach to the hobby was very welcoming for someone new to the hobby (and to table-top wargaming as a whole). Carl has a love for Forge World that I can relate to, and he often refers to it in the IC Podcast. The IC Podcast is not an explicit show.

40K Radio:
When I listen to 40K Radio, I often catch myself laughing like Beavis and Butthead. The reason being the hillarious and dynamic synergy between Romeo (of Battlefoam fame) and Kyle (40K Radio Cohost). Most of their conversations degenerate into ball-busting antics and shennanigans that usually end with Romeo and Kyle exchanging homophobic insults at one another. Low brow? Perhaps, but its like hanging out with my buds' on a Friday night. Awesome. Hillarious; I really enjoy 40K Radio. Kyle and Rick do a great job covering competitive 40K in their neck of the woods (in and around Arizona), while ducking and dodging their bronze boss, Romeo. I really enjoy the segment, Rapid Fire, where Romeo, Kyle, and Rick answer questions posed to them by community members of their forum, Freebootaz. I also greatly enjoy when Rick and Romeo share experiences as vendors that attend wargaming cons' and GTs. The 40K Radio Podcast borders on explicit from week to week, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

40KUK:
This is a relatively new entry for me, personally, as I had not listened to 40K UK until the podcast was featured on the 11th Company. I thoroughly enjoyed it! This is a UK based podcast that focuses on competitive 40K. I really enjoyed this podcast, and Dave (the host) provided a very entertaining and informative episode. I believe that this podcast is not an explicit podcast ;).



Do you have a podcast that you think I should listen to? Let me know!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails