Wednesday, August 29, 2012

2K List for 6th Edition

Wasaaa!

Work has required most of my attention, with family gobbling up any left over time I have had over the last month.

Back in 2009 I had purchased a sum of  40K tanks getting a great package deal in the process. After taking what I needed, and giving my friends opportunity to do the same, I had quite a few left over that I boxed and stored for a rainy day.
After the last price hike, and the advent of allies in sixth edition, I figured I'd test out GW's return policy. I mean, the tanks were still shrink-wrapped, so in theory, a store should accept them in trade.

I came away with two Vendettas', a Manticore, a Ravenwing Battleforce, and a box of Grey Hunter Space Wolves.

Sweet.

I'm going to be updating my blog as I build each kit (beginning with IG), then painting batches with my airbrush. I'm really excited to run a Space Wolves force with a contingent of Imperial Guard allies.

Work is slowing down (again), so I should have the time to piece together these kits to field the following list (I am still lacking the Chimeras', so I will use Razorbacks to 'count as' in the meantime).

Following is the list I'm going to play once I have the kit(s) assembled:

2000 Pts - Space Wolves Roster

Total Roster Cost: 1999

HQ: Rune Priest in Power Armour (1#, 115 pts)
1 Rune Priest in Power Armour, 115 pts = (base cost 100 + Melta Bombs 5) + Chooser of the Slain 10

Elite: Wolf Guard Pack (4#, 147 pts)
1 Wolf Guard Pack, 0 pts
3 Wolf Guard in Power Armour, 114 pts = 3 * 38 (base cost 18 + Melta Bombs 5 + Combi-Plasmagun x1 5 + Power Axe x1 10)
1 Wolf Guard in Power Armour, 33 pts = (base cost 18 + Combi-Plasmagun x1 5 + Power Axe x1 10)

Troops: Grey Hunters Pack (6#, 160 pts)
5 Grey Hunters Pack, 85 pts = 5 * 15 (base cost 15) + Plasma gun 10
1 Razorback, 75 pts = (base cost 40) + Lascannon and TL Plasmagun 35

Troops: Grey Hunters Pack (6#, 160 pts)
5 Grey Hunters Pack, 85 pts = 5 * 15 (base cost 15) + Plasma gun 10
1 Razorback, 75 pts = (base cost 40) + Lascannon and TL Plasmagun 35

Troops: Grey Hunters Pack (6#, 160 pts)
5 Grey Hunters Pack, 85 pts = 5 * 15 (base cost 15) + Plasma gun 10
1 Razorback, 75 pts = (base cost 40) + Lascannon and TL Plasmagun 35

Troops: Grey Hunters Pack (6#, 160 pts)
5 Grey Hunters Pack, 85 pts = 5 * 15 (base cost 15) + Plasma gun 10
1 Razorback, 75 pts = (base cost 40) + Lascannon and TL Plasmagun 35

Troops: Grey Hunters Pack (6#, 160 pts)
5 Grey Hunters Pack, 85 pts = 5 * 15 (base cost 15) + Plasma gun 10
1 Razorback, 75 pts = (base cost 40) + Lascannon and TL Plasmagun 35

Heavy Support: Vindicator (1#, 120 pts)
1 Vindicator, 120 pts = (base cost 115 + Dozer Blade 5)

Heavy Support: Vindicator (1#, 120 pts)
1 Vindicator, 120 pts = (base cost 115 + Dozer Blade 5)

HQ: Company Command Squad (6#, 162 pts)
4 Company Command Squad (HQ) [Guard], 74 pts = 4 * 6 (base cost 6) + Flamer x1 5 + Plasma gun x3 45
1 Company Commander [Guard], 33 pts = (base cost 26 + Melta Bombs 5 + Boltgun 2)
1 Chimera [Guard], 55 pts

Elite: Guardsman Marbo (1#, 65 pts)
1 Guardsman Marbo (Elite) [Guard], 65 pts

Troops: Veteran Squad (11#, 170 pts)
9 Veteran Squad (Troops) [Guard], 108 pts = 9 * 7 (base cost 7) + Plasma gun x3 45
1 Veteran Sergeant [Guard], 7 pts
1 Chimera [Guard], 55 pts

Fast Attack: Vendetta Gunship Squadron (1#, 140 pts)
1 Vendetta Gunship Squadron (Fast) [Guard], 0 pts
1 Vendetta [Guard], 140 pts = (base cost 130) + Heavy Bolter Sponsons x2 10

Heavy Support: Manticore Rocket Launcher (1#, 160 pts)
1 Manticore Rocket Launcher (Heavy) [Guard], 160 pts


I'm going to play an MSU Razorback list to see how different it feels from last edition.
MSU with front armor 11 hulls may not be as hearty in sixth edition as it was in fifth, but I'm not willing to dismiss it so quickly. I will keep those hulls' spread out when facing large blast templates...Six-Deuce likes to run quite a few in his list(s), and it seems as though everyone has a Vindicator or two in their list these days.

I did move the meltabomb from the Priest to the fourth Wolf Guard. I'd prefer to have melta bombs on any model that can take it, but points just don't permit it. Another thing I may do is exchange a set of plasma for one set of melta gun(s) to deal with any 'billy badass' AV14.

Marbo seems to be contentious, or deemed a waste of points- I'm not convinced. For 65 points, Marbo is a model that can pop-up as close as an inch away from an enemy unit and drop a demo charge on the Op-For. The odds of Marbo at least making up his points in a game seem good.

The Manticore should provide ranged support in the early turns to soften up enemy units. This list only includes one Vendetta, but, I could drop a Vindie to add a second Vendetta and create a squadron.

In closing, this list will have a lot of 'fun' units for me to play with, that should keep 40K fresh for me. In fact the two units I'm missing (that I want to play in a game are bikes and Terminators).


LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails