Thursday, December 20, 2012

List Idea(s): Re Unorthodoxy

Over at 40K Unorthodxy, Jancoran, inquired how I would wage war against his Foot Eldar (foot-dar) list that he recently posted. Obviously, the best way to answer such a question would be to set up a game and perhaps bat-rep it to share on the blog.

Unfortunately, work schedule will not allow for such fun so I will have to make due with the list I would bring to play and a little summary.  This list evolved from my Mephiston list that I posted a couple weeks ago and wasn't specifically tailored toward Jancoran's foot-dar list:


2000 Pts - Blood Angels Roster w/Space marine Allies (labeled in green):

HQ:
1 Librarian in Power Armour, 175 pts = (base cost 100) + Jump Pack 25 + Epistolary 50
1 Space Marine Librarian in Power Armour (HQ) [SM], 100 pts

Elite:
1 Sanguinary Priest in Power Armour, 85 pts = (base cost 50 + Jump Pack 25 + Combi-Meltagun 10)
1 Furioso Dreadnought, 170 pts = (base cost 125 + Heavy Flamer 10, Frag Cannon 0)
      1 Drop Pod, 35 pts

Troops:
Troops: Tactical Squad (10#, 190 pts)
   9 Tactical Squad (Troops) [SM], 157 pts = 9 * 16 (base cost 16) + Plasma gun 10 + Sergeant 36
      1 Sergeant [SM], 33 pts = (base cost 23) + Combi-Plasmagun x1 10
Troops: Tactical Squad (10#, 190 pts)
   9 Tactical Squad (Troops) [SM], 157 pts = 9 * 16 (base cost 16) + Plasma gun 10 + Sergeant 36
      1 Sergeant [SM], 33 pts = (base cost 23) + Combi-Plasmagun x1 10

Troops: Assault Squad (11#, 215 pts)
   7 Assault Squad, 126 pts = 7 * 18
      1 Assault Marine with Flamer, 23 pts = (base cost 18 + Flamer 5)
      1 Assault Marine with Flamer, 23 pts = (base cost 18 + Flamer 5)
      1 Sergeant, 43 pts = (base cost 28 + Melta Bombs 5) + Hand Flamer x1 10
Troops: Assault Squad (10#, 215 pts)
   7 Assault Squad, 126 pts = 7 * 18
      1 Assault Marine with Flamer, 23 pts = (base cost 18 + Flamer 5)
      1 Assault Marine with Flamer, 23 pts = (base cost 18 + Flamer 5)
      1 Sergeant, 43 pts = (base cost 28 + Melta Bombs 5) + Hand Flamer x1 10

Fast Attack:
3 Attack Bike Squad, 150 pts = 3 * 40 (base cost 40) + Multi-melta x3 30

Heavy Support:
1 Vindicator, 150 pts = (base cost 145 + Dozer Blade 5)
1 Whirlwind, 90 pts
1 Stormraven Gunship, 200 pts

Fortification:
1 Aegis Defence Lines, 70 pts = (base cost 50 + Comms Relay 20)

Notes:
-Space Marine allies provide me a Libby with null zone.
-Space Marines Tactical squads are superior due to the 'combat tactics' special rule, and, the fact the unit does not have to roll for the red thirst. The multi-meltas will be new for me, as I have only taken missile launchers as a heavy weapon for my Tac squads in the past.
-The attack bikes can handle vehicles as well as things with high toughness (such as monstrous creatures).
-The Furioso creates a true threat to an enemy's horde/infantry line. I chose the Furioso because of his AV13 front armor, but, I have the option to take a Space Marine Dreadnought with Heavy Flamer/TL Heavy Flamer for twenty points less.
-Blood Angel assault squads are equipped with flamers and hand flamers- more anti-infantry tools. Each Sgt. is equipped with a meltabomb in the event they run across a monstrous creature, or high AV vehicle.
-A fast Vindicator just can't be ignored by the enemy and will draw fire away from other, more fragile units. If it manages to survive and get a round off, the results should prove devastating.
-The Whirlwind provides me with a barrage weapon that can snipe out characters/models. I paid the extra five points for a Blood Angels version for the 'fast' special rule.
-Storm Raven is as sick in this edition as the model is FUGLY. I was eyeing that new Dark Angels flyer and thinking to myself, 'self, that would make a pretty badass Storm Raven!'. Back to the unit- AV12. Transport. Skies of Blood. PotMS. Yes please!
-Aegis line with Comms brings my reserves in when I want them. I can always trade this in for a weapon emplacement with some minor points shuffling.


My first game of 40K, 6th edition, I played a 1,000 point game against Jancoran's foot-dar. I got lucky because his Warp Spiders were late to the party (poor reserve rolls), and then he forgot to move them up , and into, the face of my Tac-squad and Devastators.

I think there are plenty of tools in my list to take on an infantry list, and I have the potential to throw a few curve balls at my opponent. The drop pod assigned to my assault marines feels weird, but, I definitely want the option of reserving my Dread for a later turn. My primary goal would be to remove Jancoran's force multiplier(s) and troop choices, while mitigating damage to my troop. His list has an overall high initiative which could prove devastating in close combat. As a result I would attempt to avoid initiating assault under most circumstances.

Edit: I forgot to add in theme music! Every good list needs a theme song:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails